Chief Operating Officer
A fearless and tenacious fundraiser, Linda Smith has revolutionized the principles of non-profit fundraising, community relations and event management in Las Vegas, Nevada and throughout the world. As the Senior Executive Vice President for Opportunity Village, Nevada’s largest organization for people with disabilities, Linda gained an international reputation as an innovative leader, motivational speaker, fundraising guru and most of all, a humanitarian.
After raising over $450 million for Opportunity Village, Linda recently left the organization to spread her talents and help others around the world. In 2015, Linda secured the largest single gift of $35 million dollars for a disability organization, in 2016 she followed up with a $40 million Estate gift. During her career, she originated and organized hundreds of innovative events to inform and educate the public.
The Opportunity Village Resource Development Department, overseen by Linda, generated $10 million plus dollars annually for programs through special events and annual giving programs she has largely pioneered. Career highlights as a fundraiser and administrator are numerous and impressive, and include:
• A five-year effort by Linda to involve superstar vocalist Celine Dion in her charities mission, culminating in Ms. Dion’s selection of Opportunity Village as her charity of choice in Las Vegas, and in her performance at a bene t concert on the Las Vegas Strip raising $1 million dollars in a day.
• Creation of the Christopher Smith Endowment a social recreation and arts initiative named for her son, through which people with profound disabilities have access to programs to enhance their physical and creative talents and boost their self-esteem.
• Capital campaigns and Endowment Campaigns totaling more than $200 million. Linda recently launched a comprehensive Capital Campaign with a 5 year goal of $136 million by 2018 and raised $141 million in gifts and pledges by mid-2016.
• Creation of the Magical Forest, an outdoor holiday spectacular, which grosses more than $2.5 million annually. The Great Santa Run, a record breaking event featuring thousands of runners in Santa garb and in 2013, involved Shania Twain as Grand Marshall. Linda also created the World Santa Challenge that features Santa Runs in the U.S and across the continent.
• Solicitation of the new Las Vegas based NHL team before they set foot in town and securing $700k in anticipated annual revenue through a $1 per seat ticket sales.
• Linda has the innate ability to engage major corporations, philanthropists and entertainers to support her cause. Celebrities who have become friends and supporters include Brad Garrett, David Copper eld, Wayne Newton, Celine Dion, Tom Jones, Shania Twain and Penn Jillette whose recent appearances on Celebrity Apprentice raised over $2 million for the Village.
Active in various professional associations, Linda was named “Fundraising Executive of the Year” by the National Society of Fundraising Executives. She received the prestigious Woman of Achievement Award from the Las Vegas Chamber of Commerce. The Nevada System of Higher education conferred the Distinguished Nevadan Award for exceptional service to the State and Nation by influencing the well being of all mankind. Linda is a willing mentor to non-profits and organizations across the globe who reach out for her help. She recently received the Best Buddies International Super Hero Award and was awarded the Keys to the City by the Mayor of Las Vegas. Linda is traveling across the globe in support of nonprofits in need. Her memoir will be out on bookshelves in September 2017.
"The Creative Abundance Group is committed to improving the lives of individuals who have traditionally been marginalized by our society. We embrace a model for social change that recognizes that we already have everything we need: abundance and creativity."
Chief Executive Officer
"The Creative Abundance Group has developed an authentic, experiential and supportive consulting approach that respects individual interests and encourages environments for staff and administrators to be even more inventive and responsive."
"Growing up with a brother with a disability led me to a career working with people with disabilities. Even from a young age, I recognized the people who had a positive effect on my brother’s life. I knew that I wanted to be one of these people who could make a difference."
Innovate. Motivate. Create. Inspire
Writer, Motivational Speaker, Fundraising Consultant, Forever my son's champion
www.lindaslife.com | 702.349.0480 | email@example.com | @LindasTweetLife
Our team provides consulting and training to organizations who are seeking alternatives to traditional institutional programming. Through the Creative Abundance Model, Creative Abundance Consulting is helping to transform services for people with disabilities all over the world!
From very different backgrounds, Patty Mitchell and Susan Dlouhy have created a powerful approach for supporting people with perceived differences. Patty Mitchell is an artist and social innovator who specializes in collaborative art. Susan is a program administrator with over thirty years of experience in the nonprofit field. As consultants their combined approaches creates responsive, engaging and community centric programming.
Copyright © Creative Abundance Group. All rights reserved.